- Sultana F, Saville M, Winch K, Brotherton JML. Is the positive predictive value of high-grade cytology in predicting high-grade cervical disease falling due to HPV vaccination? Int J Cancer 2018.
- Toliman PJ, Kaldor JM, Gabuzzi J, Silim S, Kumbia A, Kombuk B, Kombati Z, Munnull G, Guy R, Vallely L, Kelly-Hanku AM; Wand H, Ryan C, Tan G, Brotherton J, Saville M, Mola GD, Garland SM, Tabrizi SN, Vallely A. Performance of clinical screening algorithms comprising point-of-care HPV-DNA testing using self-collected vaginal specimens, and visual inspection of the cervix with acetic acid, for the detection of underlying high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions in Papua New Guinea. Papillomavirus Research 2018.
- Li M, Roder D, Whop LJ, Diaz A, Baade PD, Brotherton JML, Canfell K, Cunningham J, Garvey G, Moore SP, O’Connell DL, Valery PC, Condon JR. Aboriginal women have a higher risk of cervical abnormalities at screening; South Australia, 1993-2016. J Med Screen. 2018.
- Saville M, Sultana F, Malloy M, Velentzis LS, Caruana M, Ip E, Keung M, Canfell K, Brotherton JML, Hawkes D. Clinical validation of the cobas HPV test on the cobas 6800 system for the purpose of cervical screening. J Clin Microbiol. 2018.
- Smith MA, Brotherton JML, Hammond IG, Anderson L, Simms KT, Saville M, Canfell K. Inaccurate and fundamentally flawed analysis risks undermining confidence in cervical screening programs. J Am Soc Cytopathol 2018.
- Kang YJ, Smith M, Canfell K. Anal cancer in high income countries: increasing burden of disease. PLoS One 2018.
- Hall MT, Simms KT, Lew JB, Smith MA, Brotherton JM, Saville M, Frazer IH, Canfell K. The projected timeframe until cervical cancer elimination in Australia. Lancet PH, 2018.
- Smith M, Hall M, Lew J-B, Canfell K. Potential for HPV vaccination and primary HPV screening to reduce cervical cancer disparities: example from New Zealand. Vaccine 2018.
- Moscicki AB, Perkins R, Saville M, Brotherton JML. Should cervical cancer screening be performed before age 25? J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2018.
- Patel C, Brotherton JML, Pillsbury A, Jayasinghe S, Donovan B, Macartney K, Marshall H. The impact of ten years of HPV vaccination in Australia: what additional disease burden will a nonavalent vaccine prevent? Euro Surveill. 2018.
- Teutsch S, Zurynski Y, Elliott E, and all chief investigators of APSU surveillance studies. Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit Annual Report, 2017. Commun Dis Intell Q Rep 2018.
- Xu H*, Egger S*, Velentzis LS*, O’Connell DL, Banks E, Darlington-Brown J, Canfell K, Sitas F. Hormonal contraceptive use and smoking as risk factors for high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in unvaccinated women aged 30-44 years: A case-control study in New South Wales, Australia. Cancer Epidemiol 2018.
- Brotherton JML. Human papillomavirus vaccination update: nonavalent vaccine and the two-dose schedule. Australian Journal of General Practice. 2018.
- McGregor S, Saulo D, Brotherton JML, Liu B, Phillips S, Skinner R, Luey M, Oliver L, Stewart M, Tabrizi S, Garland SM , Kaldor JM. Decline in prevalence of human papillomavirus infection following vaccination among Australian Indigenous women, a population at higher risk of cervical cancer: The VIP-I study. Vaccine. 2018.
- Jamieson L, Garvey G, Hedges J, Mitchell A, Dunbar T, Leane C, Hill I, Warren K, Brown A, Ju X, Roder D, Logan R, Johnson N, Smith M, Antonsson A, Canfell K. Human Papillomavirus and Oropharyngeal Cancer Among Indigenous Australians: Protocol for a Prevalence Study of Oral-Related Human Papillomavirus and Cost-Effectiveness of Prevention. JMIR Res Protoc 2018.
- Canfell K. Cervical screening in HPV-vaccinated populations. Climacteric 2018.
- Garland SM, Giuliano A, Brotherton JML Moscicki AB, Stanley M, Kaufmann AM, Bhatla N, Sankaranarayanan R, Palefsky JM, de Sanjose S. IPVS Statement Moving towards Elimination of Cervical Cancer as a Public Health Problem. Papillomavirus Research 2018.
- Dasgupta P, Whop LJ, Diaz A, Cramb SM, Moore SP, Brotherton JML Cunningham J, Valery PJ, Gertig D, Garvey G, Condon JR, O’Connell DL, Canfell, K, Baade PD. Spatial variation in cervical cancer screening participation & outcomes among Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians in Queensland. Geographical Research 2018.
- Garland SM, Cornall AM, Brotherton JML, Wark JD, Malloy MJ, Tabrizi SN on behalf of the VACCINE study group. Final analysis of a study assessing genital human papillomavirus genoprevalence in young Australian women, following eight years of a national vaccination program. Vaccine. 2018;36(23): 3221-3230.
- Diaz A, Baade PD, Valery PC, Whop LJ, Moore SP, Cunningham J, Garvey G, Brotherton JML, O’Connell DL, Canfell K, Sarfati D, Roder D, Buckley E, Condon JR. Comorbidity and cervical cancer survival of Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australian women: A semi-national registry-based cohort study (2003-2012). PLoS One 2018.
- Phillips A, Patel C, Pillsbury A, Brotherton JML, Macartney K. Safety of human papillomavirus vaccines: An updated review. Drug Saf 2018.
- Smith M, Rumlee L, Canfell K. National Cervical Screening Programme Annual Report 2015. National Screening Unit: Wellington, 2018.
- Macartney K, Phillips A, Patel C, Pillsbury A, Brotherton JML. Authors’ reply to “Comments on: Safety of Human Papillomavirus Vaccines: An Updated Review”. Drug Saf 2018.
- Machalek DA, Garland SM, Brotherton JML, Bateson D, McNamee K, Stewart M, Skinner SR, Liu B, Cornall AM, Kaldor JM, Tabrizi SN. Very low prevalence of vaccine human papillomavirus (HPV) types among 18 to 35 year old Australian women, nine years following implementation of vaccination. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 2018.
- Hall MT, Simms KT, Lew JB, Smith MA, Saville M, Canfell K. Projected future impact of HPV vaccination and primary HPV screening on cervical cancer rates from 2017–2035: Example from Australia. PLoS ONE 2018.
- Canfell K, Saville M, Caruana M, Gebski V, Darlington-Brown J, Brotherton J, Heley S, Castle PE. Protocol for Compass: a randomised controlled trial of primary HPV testing versus cytology screening for cervical cancer in HPV-unvaccinated and vaccinated women aged 25–69 years living in Australia. BMJ Open 2019.
- Novakovic D, Cheng ATL, Zurynski Y, Booy R, Walker PJ, Berkowitz R, Harrison H, Black R, Perry C, Vijayasekaran S, Wabnitz D, Burns H, Tabrizi SN, Garland SM, Elliott E, Brotherton JML. A prospective study of the incidence of juvenile onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis after implementation of a National HPV Vaccination Program. J Infect Dis. 2018.